Oct Monthly Meeting
Our Monthly Meetings are a time to share what's new, what's coming and general information related to getting the most out of your technology. Take advantage of these meetings to learn more about being smart in the use of technology in your business.
Each month (3rd Friday of the month at 12:30 pm CT) we focus on our Forget Computers (Professional Services) clients during the first 15 minutes, followed by 15 minutes of Robot Cloud (Software-as-a-Service) information. You're welcome to join us for all or some of the meeting. All meetings are recorded.
A few highlights from our October Monthly meeting include:
- Our (Dashboard) sponsorship of JNUC 2017.
- High Sierra mac OS 10.13 — Do NOT do it! iOS and watchOS are fine. See, When Should You Upgrade to macOS 10.13 High Sierra, iOS 11, watchOS 4, and tvOS 11?
- SECURITY REMINDER - Ex-employees can lead to security breaches. Make security part of your culture.
- Take advantage of our FORMS (via Self Service too!)
- 10.9 and older Old MacOS Versions can no longer be supported
- Office 2011 support has officially ended. If you’re still running this version talk to us about getting Office 2016 (part of Office 365)
- Check out our Help Center with new articles.
- Thanks to customer feedback, we’ve improved our Storage Capacity notification to ignore Time Machine drives because they are self-pruning.
- New in Self Service - Set Outlook as the default Email Application Action and how it helps to work around a frustrating Apple limitation with the need to setup an account in Apple Mail.
- Enable Robot Cloud Admin in Self Service.
- Our Software Automation page and how it’s updated regularly with new additions and patches We’ve added Troubleshooting & Maintenance Actions.
- We’ve recently dropped support for 10.6 Macs and with OS compatibility requirements moving on up, we will likely be dropping support for 10.7 and 10.8 in the near future. Not to mention that these OS’s (along with Mavericks) are no longer patched by Apple, so security also becomes an issue.
- 10.13 FileVault and Active Directory issues are being reported.
- Stop binding to AD — start using https://nomad.menu/